Beaches & Parks
Most parks and beaches are open throughout the Florida Keys, but will be closed if social distancing and other precautions are not taken while enjoying the amenities.
- Monroe County-owned parks and beaches are open.
- Restrooms at Higgs Beach are closed. Volleyball is not allowed.
- County-owned playgrounds are being sanitized daily.
City of Key West
Parks and beaches in the City of Key West are open.
City of Marathon
City Park, Ocean Front Park, and both Sombrero and Coco Plum Beaches are open. However, due to safety concerns and an inability to mitigate them at this time, the following restrictions apply:
- Playgrounds, basketball courts, skate park will remain closed.
- Fields will be open for exercise, but no organized games will be authorized.
- Pavilions and barbeque grills at the beach will be inaccessible until further notice.
- Dog Parks, tennis courts, and the baseball field will be open for individuals practicing safe social distancing.
- Groups of more than 10 are not allowed.
- Hours of operations will be from dawn to dusk.
- Minors must always be accompanied by an adult.
Village of Islamorada
The Founders Park beach and other Founders Park amenities are open to Islamorada residents, non-residents with Park Memberships or Pool Memberships, and visitors staying in Islamorada lodging establishments. The park is open from sunrise to sunset for passive and limited activities use only – as permitted by and following current CDC and State Health Department guidelines. OPEN for limited use are the beach, dog park, trails, tennis courts, pickleball courts, basketball court, golf driving range, three restrooms. The Founders Park Office is open for limited business activities and the pool is open for fitness activities only. New memberships and membership renewals for Monroe County residents are available at the park office. The following remain CLOSED: fitness park, playgrounds, and picnic areas.
No groups of more than ten (10) are allowed and a maximum of twenty-five(25) users will be allowed on the Beach at any time.
Anne’s Beach is open to the public. Library Park Beach and the area known as the Fills from MM 77.5 to 79.8 and restroom facilities at closed parks and beaches remain closed until further notice.
Key Colony Beach
- Key Colony Golf course is open.
- Sunset Park is open.
- The playground is closed.
City of Key West
- Key West parks are open.
- Key West Golf Course is open.
Visitors should expect limited hours, capacity, and amenities. Visit The Florida State Park Safety Update Page for an updated list of state parks that are open.