COVID-19 Nonprofit Assistance Program
The application period is now open for the Monroe County Nonprofit CARES Act Assistance Program
The Monroe County Board of County Commissioners has approved a Nonprofit Assistance Program for COVID-19-impacted 501c3 organizations that are located and serve in Monroe County, and have been in continuous service in the Florida Keys for at least the past two years.
Eligible organization must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Is a registered 501c3 nonprofit organization with an IRS nonprofit determination letter; and
- Is physically located in Monroe County, inclusive of the municipalities of Key West, Marathon, Islamorada, Key Colony Beach, and Layton, and provides services/benefits to our community; and
- Is registered with the State of Florida Division of Corporations (sunbiz.org), with an “Active” status and a filing date on or before November 1, 2018; and
- Can substantiate COVID-19 pandemic negative impact; and
- Is in current operation and has continuously provided services in Monroe County for at least two years prior to November 1, 2020 (This will be substantiated by your organization’s Sunbiz report which will show an “Active” status and a filing date of November 1, 2018 or before); and
- Can provide the most recent past two years’ Form 990, 990-N or 990-EZ filed with IRS; and
- Is operating lawfully with all required licensing; and
- Can provide all of the required documentation.
Your organization is not eligible to apply unless it meets ALL of the qualifying criteria listed above.
The Monroe County CARES Nonprofit Grant Assistance Program consists of a one-time fixed amount grant the amount of which is based on the size of the applicant organization’s operating budget, prior to March 1, 2020. We will use the organization’s total annual expenditures as reported on its most recently filed IRS 990 (line 18). The grant amounts are as follows:
- Total Operating Budget below $350,000: $3,000
- Total Operating Budget between $350,000 and below $850,000: $5,000
- Total Operating Budget $850,000 and over: $7,000
YOU MUST READ THE GUIDANCE AND FAQ DOCUMENT TO APPLY
It will answer frequently asked questions and let applicants know what required documents are needed, as well as other things.
Do not start the application without having all required documents ready to attach or your online application may not save properly and you will have to begin again. Submitted applications without all of the required documentation attached will not be considered.
The documentation needed can be found in the required document that must be read before completing the application at CARES Program Guidance & Frequently Asked Questions. There is helpful important information and guidance in determining your nonprofit's eligibility to apply, understanding the rules and regulations guiding these funds, and compliance requirements of applicants.
In addition to the documents listed on the application and in the guidance document, complete the two forms to attach to the application.
In order to expedite application review, processing, and issuance of funds, applications will only be received using the online submission process.
Awards will be made on a first-come, first-served basis of complete applications. Applications from ineligible applications and incomplete applications will not be reviewed.