Does the County complete structural assessments?

No., the entire Milestone Inspection report, findings, and corrective measures are all based on the integrity of the Architect’s or Engineer’s report. Your Architect or Engineer should prepare a Milestone Inspection report to be submitted to the Building Department. It is the responsibility of the building owner to pay for and obtain the Architect or Engineer report.

Show All Answers

1. What should I do when I receive the 25 Year (or older) Building Safety Inspection Program (BSIP) letter?
2. What is the purpose of the BSIP Milestone Inspection?
3. Who can perform a BSIP Milestone Inspections?
4. How do I find the Parcel ID number (Real Estate Number)?
5. Does the County complete structural assessments?
6. Will an inspector from the County come out?
7. Does this include all of Monroe County?
8. What if the Milestone Inspection report indicates that repairs are required?
9. How do I know if a property is subject to a Milestone Inspection?
10. How can I obtain a copy of the Milestone Inspection Report?