Affordable Housing Advisory Committee
The Affordable Housing Advisory Committee was established on May 21, 2008 by Ordinance 014-2008 replacing the previous Workforce Housing Task Force. The mission of the committee is to address the issue of affordable housing opportunities for residents and workforce and to fulfill the requirements in Section 420.9076 of the Florida Statutes regarding the Local Housing Assistance Plan.
On February 18, 2009 Resolution 062-2009 was adopted retiring current membership, changing method of appointment, spreading required categories of membership through the Commission districts and setting a minimum frequency of meetings to once per year unless called more frequently by the BOCC.
The Board of County Commissioners adopted Resolution 139-2015 (May 20, 2015) establishing the duties of the Affordable Housing Advisory Committee. At the June 10, 2015 BOCC meeting Ordinance 014-2015 amending Section 2-700 was adopted to establish the 14 member committee.
Three additional members were appointed to the Committee at the June 2015 BOCC meeting.
On July 15, 2015 the BOCC approved a contract with FCRC Consensus Center, Florida State University, to participate and facilitate the Monroe County Affordable Housing Advisory Committee. Resolution 189-2015 (filing pending) was passed to add one additional duty to the committee’s tasks, namely, to evaluate and propose additional mechanisms to qualify and monitor the occupants of deed-restricted affordable housing.
|Tim Root||District 1||Expires: 11/2020|
|Kurt Lewin||District 1||Expires: 11/2020|
|Doug Mader||District 2||Expires: 11/2022|
|Chris Todd Young||District 2||Expires: 11/2022|
|Warren Leamard||District 3||Expires: 11/2020|
|Ken Naylor||District 3||Expires: 11/2020|
|Hana Eskra||District 4||Expires: 11/2018|
|Edwin Swift III||District 4||Expires: 11/2018|
|Joseph Scarpelli||District 4||Expires: 11/2022|
|Paul Caceres||District 5||Expires: 11/2024|
|Pamela Caputo||District 5||Expires: 11/2024|
|Joanna Weinhofer||County Administrator||Expires: 06/2019|
|Ed Davidson||County Administrator||Expires: 06/2019|
|Bill Hunter||BOCC||Expires: 06/2019|
*This is updated every three years.
If you are a person with a disability who needs special accommodations in order to participate in meeting proceedings, please contact the County Administrator’s Office, by phoning 305-292-4441, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., no later than five (5) calendar days prior to the scheduled meeting; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call "711."
Monroe County Resolutions
- Res 158-2008 (Membership appointments)
- Res 062-2009 (Committee membership)
- Res 375-2012 (SHIP Partnering program)
- Res 139-2015 (Expanding Committee duties)
- Res 189-2015 (Added duty/qualify and monitor deed-restricted affordable housing)
- Res 393-2015 (Collaboration with Cities on affordable housing)
- Res 065-2021 (Appointing an elected official to the AHAC)
- Res 218-2021 (Young Appointment to AHAC)
- Res 219-2021 (Mader Appointment to AHAC)
- Res 220-2021 (Scarpelli Appointment to AHAC)
Monroe County Ordinances
- Ord 014-2008 (establishing Workforce Housing Task Force)
- Ord 014-2015 (expanding committee membership)
Monroe County Land Development Code
- Monroe County Code Section 2-700 (Affordable Housing Advisory Committee)
- Florida Housing / Affordable Housing Study Commission
- Florida Housing Coalition
- Florida Housing Data Clearinghouse
- Monroe County Workforce Housing Assessment Report - April 20, 2015
- Sadowski Housing Coalition (a nonpartisan coalition of housing-related organizations)
- Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program
- Tourist Impact Tax
- Monroe County Land Authority