Human Services Advisory Board
The Human Services Advisory Board (HSAB) was created in 1991 for the Monroe County Board of County Commissioners to fund community-based nonprofit agencies that provide needed health and social services for the citizens of Monroe County.
The purpose of this board is to review funding requests from nonprofit human services agencies and make recommendations to the BOCC. The board bases its recommendations on an evaluation of the county’s needs, agency capability and past performance, and an established set of guidelines. An eligible organization must provide medical services, core services, and/or quality of life services.
The advisory board consists of five members with each county commissioner appointing one. Terms are two years or at the termination of the respective appointing commissioner’s term.
Nonprofit 501c3 organizations that wish to propose a program for meeting human needs through an interdisciplinary knowledge base, focusing on prevention and remediation of problems and committed to improving the overall quality of life for service populations who live in Monroe County. Organizations seeking funding are encouraged to check this webpage for updates.
FY23 HSAB Funding Cycle Schedule
Budget Period: October 1, 2022 - September 30, 2023
- FY2023 Application Instructions
- FY2023 Application Form
- Select FY2023 HSAB Application (Fillable) Form by clicking on the hyperlink above. Once it opens download the document to your computer and close the file. Using Acrobat Reader DC open the document. If you do not currently have either version of the Acrobat Reader you can download it (https://get.adobe.com/reader/) to your computer at no charge.
- FY2023 Application Deadline - Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - *Due 12:00 PM, Noon. (*Late applications will not be accepted)
First HSAB Meeting FY23
Date: Wednesday, March 30, 2022
Time: 1:00 p.m.
Location: HSAB meeting will be a hybrid format with the HSAB Board meeting live at the Marathon Government Center, BOCC Meeting Room on the 2nd Floor, 2798 Overseas Highway. The public will be able to participate in person or via Communication Media Technology (“CMT”) using a Zoom Webinar platform.
Agenda: March 30th HSAB Meeting Agenda
View March 30th HSAB Meeting : https://cloud.castus.tv/vod/monroe/video/62449dad09ed8a0008aebf23?page=HOME
HSAB Funding Meeting - FY2023
Date: Wednesday, June 1, 2022
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: The Human Services Advisory Board will meet live at the Marathon Government Center, 2798 Overseas Highway, Marathon, FL 33050. The public will be able to participate in-person or via Communication Media Technology ("CMT") using a Zoom Webinar platform.
Access points to the June 1st HSAB Meeting:
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or iPhone one-tap:
US: +16465189805,,89012655332# or +16699006833,,89012655332#
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 646 518 9805 or + 1 669 900 6833
Webinar ID: 890 1265 5332
International numbers available: https://mcbocc.zoom.us/u/kbtNiR7riL
If you are a person with a disability who needs special accommodations in order to participate in meeting proceedings, please contact the County Administrator’s Office, by phoning 305-292-4441, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., no later than five (5) calendar days prior to the scheduled meeting; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call "711."
Human Service Advisory Board (HSAB) Members
|Michael Ingram||1||Feb. 15, 2023|
|Sandra Higgs||2||Nov., 2022|
|David Manz||4||Nov., 2022|
|Laura Lietaert||5||Feb., 2023|
Previous Year’s Funding Recommendations and Applications Submitted
- FY22 HASB Funding Recommendations
- FY22 Applications Received
- FY21 HSAB Funding Recommendations
- FY21 Applications Received
- View May 21, 2020 HSAB Funding Meeting (Open Internet Explorer. Cut & paste hyperlink in the browser address bar) https://monroe-fl.vod.castus.tv/vod/?video=141be4eb-c053-4e77-8c25-54b7efd05d81&nav=search%2FHSAB
- FY20 HSAB Funding Recommendations
- FY20 Applications Received
- FY19 HSAB Funding Recommendations
- FY19 Applications Received