Right-of-Way Use Permits

Right-of-way use permits are required for any work performed on County rights-of-way, including the construction of driveway connections, installation of underground utilities, construction of drainage structures, and construction of sidewalks and landscaping.

Application Process

All right-of-way use permit applications must be received and approved by the Engineering Services Department prior to any work being performed on County rights-of-way. The department has 14 days to review a submitted permit application. Follow the instructions as shown on the application for submittal.

Driveway Connection Permits

The following documents are resources for the construction of commercial and residential driveway connections.

Other Document Resources

More Information

For more information about Driveway Connection Permits or Right-of-Way Use Permits, contact the Engineering Services Department at 305-292-4521.

For information about any other building-related permits (including roofing, window, and sewer connections), please contact the Building Department.

  1. Engineering & Roads

    Physical Address
    1100 Simonton St.
    Room 2-216
    Key West, FL 33040

    Fax: 305-295-4321