Development Review Committee
The Development Review Committee (DRC) is required for items being reviewed. The DRC shall be composed of the Planning Director or his or her designee and the planner in charge of the particular item being considered, and depending on the application being reviewed, may also include Public Works division personnel, Health Department personnel, the building official or his or her designee, a county biologist and any other county employee or official designated by the County Administrator or the Planning Director. The DRC also may include representatives of each local, regional, state or federal agency that has entered into an intergovernmental agreement with the county for coordinated development review when appropriate. A representative of the Department of Economic Opportunity shall serve as an ex officio member of the DRC as long as the county is located within an area of critical state concern.
The duties are as follows:
- To meet at least once a month to consider such business as is prescribed by this article including:
- Reviewing all applications for development approval as set forth in the code.
- Reviewing all applications for amendments to the plan.
- To maintain such minutes and records as are required by state law.
- Any action reviewing a permit application shall not preclude the applicant's right to be present when his project is discussed before this body.
- Draft staff reports prepared for the items before the DRC shall be given to the Planning Director and the applicant.
- Public comments by members not in the department of planning may be in writing and delivered to the DRC, the Planning Director and communicated to the applicant.
- A final staff report, considering DRC recommendations and other relevant information shall be prepared after the DRC meeting for those items proceeding to the Planning Commission.
ADA Assistance: If you are a person with a disability who needs special accommodations in order to participate in these proceedings, please contact the County Administrator's Office, by phoning 305-292-4441, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., no later than five (5) calendar days prior to the scheduled meeting; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call "711".
Accommodation Request Form Opens a New Window.
|Emily Schemper||Director, Planning and Environmental Resources|
|Michael Roberts||Sr. Administrator, Environmental Resources|
|Craig Marston||Fire Marshall|
|Steve Zavalney||Fire Marshall|
|Representative||Fl. Department of Transportation|
|Representative||Department of Economic Opportunity|